Corma offers various die head solutions for all kinds corrugated pipe applications. Our die heads are developed to interface with any Corma system and any make of suitable extruder our customers select.
Advantages include increased output rates and reduced downtime.
- Single-wall: available in a straight or off-set design, allowing cable or other materials to be inserted during production
- Double-wall: patented design with one or two channels for use with PE and PP.
Two-channel double-wall die
- Designed mainly for use with PE and PP materials
- Allows the manufacture of double-wall pipe using one or two plastic materials and two extruders
- Two channels lead from the die body to the parison exits
- Can be changed from a two-extruder operation to a single extruder operation with re-assembly
- It’s possible to insert pull ropes or pilot wires into the pipe during the production of double-wall pipes
Key advantages of our die heads
Patented single-channel double-wall die
- Ideal solution for the use of PVC materials, but also designed for PE and PP materials
- Customers can produce double or single wall corrugated pipes
- Change from double to single wall operation, or vice versa. Changing the tooling part at the tip of the die can be done in minutes.
- Low melt pressure
- High output rates
Corma Die Spider
- Unique design for extruder die heads and die tooling
- Creates a strong overlapping joint in the pipe that dramatically improves impact properties
- Appropriate for use with all types of plastic material and all pipe designs, but especially beneficial with PVC
Compact die for large diameter double wall pipes
- Designed for the production of large diameter pipes in PP and HDPE
- Easy to perform adjustments to the wall thickness and die centering while in operation
- Consists of a base and all different tooling sizes are mounted
- Different feed block is all that’s required for quick and easy changeovers
- Vacuum Cooling Plugs, preparation for In-Line Couplings and the internal pipe cooling system are all available for use with the compact die
In order to manufacture perfect pipes, easy and accurate adjustability on the die heads is a must-have. Corma’s specially developed die heads interface with any Corma system and any make of suitable extruder. All die heads are custom-built to meet end-product requirements.
- Die heads easily adjust material flow, die centering and die gap parameters. The outer and inner layer of the pipe can be centered. The die gap for the outer and inner walls can be adjusted to vary the pipe profile thickness.
- Every die design comes with a quick changeover solution, resulting in a deep reduction of down times on the corrugated pipe production line.
- Corma corrugators have a very short mold closing section, which makes for a reduced length of die tooling. This leads to higher production speeds because of less back pressure in the die.
- Clients of Corma don’t need to buy specific dies for each type of pipe.